Dear Blogger.com,
I can't say today was a very exciting day. It seemed to be one of those lazy Sundays...until my family decided to bust out the grill. Mine and my brother's fascination with fire seemed to kick in as soon as the first flame was lit. We immediately ran to the woods to go pick a branch with leaves. Carefully placing each leaf on the coal, we set them ablaze. I felt like I was in a trance as the fire became larger and eventually engulfed all the leaves in one big swoosh. The embers flew out of the grill and a few got caught in my hair. I then frantically searched for water to put out the hot embers that were attacking me. After what seemed like minutes, but was only seconds, I realized that there was in fact no fire in my hair. I had gone crazy over my own hair...yes, I am a ginger. What really puzzled me was the fact that my hair doesn't even resemble fire. It's way too light for me to have made that mix up. I felt absolutely stupid as I slumped back into the house. While talking to my friend Rachel (while playing on a play set), we were discussing dreams we'd had. My dream consisted of a scientist trying to make teenagers evolve backwards, then setting them loose throughout the country. When I woke up, I was too afraid to let my dog go outside by himself, in fear that he would be taken away by the teenagers... Rachel's was about her being hurt, then rescued by the same person. All along the way the I was there saying the most ridiculous things! My mother had had a dream last night about being stuck in a swamp where the car wouldn't start. What I've been trying to figure out, is why in each of our dreams, we have a hard time seeing. I thought I was the only one to have that problem sometimes, where I know what's happening, but I can't see it. Or I only see part of it. This got me thinking... maybe we only see part of our dreams because we share them with someone else. Wouldn't that be creepy? You see part of the dream, and someone else sees the rest? Spooky. So, lesson of blog 2: Don't play with fire, you will either end up getting burned, or freaking out because you think you're getting burned. Even with the fire attack, I still love where I am. So, what do you think? Why can we only see part of our dreams sometimes?
Until next time,
Lanie <3
No comments:
Post a Comment